Help us ensure that the New Year is Merry and Bright
for all Houston shelter pets, and that they are loved. Help us work towards a No Kill Houston.
Did you know that:
* the Save Rate at Houston's animal control i.e. BARC was only 77.76% in 2016.
* BARC killed or lost 6,643 animals in 2016. That is 18 pets KILLED BY BARC every single day in 2016.
* in Sept 2009, the international, No Kill expert, Nathan Winograd, assessed BARC and wrote a 200 page assessment report telling Houston exactly how to
stop shelter killing, yet BARC leadership has ignored most of it
* there are 200+ Open Admission shelters, serving 500+ cities and towns, who are saving 90% to 100% of all animals. These No Kill shelters have put into place a series of eleven lifesaving programs and services, i.e the “No Kill model of sheltering”, which has dramatically increased the Save Rate in their communities.
* there is a model of sheltering that is working across the country to save all healthy and treatable pets. But we must have elected leaders who will hire leadership for BARC, who will rigorously implement this model of sheltering.
JOIN THE REVOLUTION!
Demand leadership at BARC who will comprehensively implement all of programs in the No Kill model of sheltering so that thousands of lives will be saved at BARC.
Join us on: