ATTENTION! WE NEED YOUR OPINION ON A 1 QUESTION SURVEY
This November, Houston will have elections for mayor and all city council seats. As we have seen across the country, in order to make positive changes that will save the lives of shelter pets, we
need elected officials who are willing to work to make sure that lifesaving programs are implemented at Houston’s pound.
Therefore, we believe that animal lovers need to discuss this issue with the candidates to make sure we vote for the best
people possible for these positions.
No Kill Houston and Houston Voters For Companion Animals are considering whether to organize a candidate forum so that animal lovers can talk to the
candidates to learn their plans to fix Houston’s broken sheltering system.
Our question is: IF WE ORGANIZED A CANDIDATE FORUM, WOULD YOU ATTEND IT?
NOTE: This Poll is only for people who live and can vote in Houston.
CLICK ON THE POLL BELOW TO VOTE YES OR NO. (You may have to Refresh your screen to get it to
(If an overwhelming number of people say Yes, we will then survey people regarding where and when such a Forum should take
Did you know that:
* the Save Rate at Houston's animal control i.e. BARC was only 61% in 2014.
* BARC killed or lost 10,050 animals in 2014. That is 838 pets KILLED BY BARC every single month and 28 pet KILLED BY BARC every single day in 2014.
* in Sept 2009, the international, No Kill expert, Nathan Winograd, assessed BARC and wrote a 200 page assessment report telling Houston exactly how to
stop shelter killing, yet BARC leadership has ignored most of it
* there are hundreds Open Admission, No Kill communities, who are saving 90% and more of all animals. These No Kill shelters have put into place a series of eleven lifesaving programs and services, i.e the “No Kill Equation”, which has dramatically increased the Save Rate in their communities.
* in 2008 and 2009, Mayor Annise Parker promised to do everything in her power to transition Houston to a No Kill city, yet Houston's taxpayer funded shelter, BARC, continued to kill thousands of pets every year since.
* there is a model of sheltering that is working across the country to save all healthy and treatable pets. But we must have elected leaders who will hire leadership for BARC, who will rigorously implement this model of sheltering.
JOIN THE REVOLUTION!
Demand leadership at BARC who will implement all of Nathan Winograd's recommendations so thousands of lives will be saved at BARC.
Click here to tell your mayor and city coucilmembers that you expect better, and tell them that you VOTE.
Join us on: