Help us ensure that the New Year is Merry and Bright
for all Houston shelter pets, and that they are loved. Help us work towards a No Kill Houston.
Click here to make your tax deductible donation.
Did you know that:
* the Save Rate at Houston's animal control i.e. BARC was only 71.5% in 2015.
* BARC killed or lost 7,715 animals in 2015. That is 21 pets KILLED BY BARC every single
day in 2015.
* in Sept 2009, the international, No Kill expert, Nathan Winograd, assessed BARC and wrote a 200 page assessment report telling Houston exactly how to
stop shelter killing, yet BARC leadership has ignored most of it
* there are 200+ Open Admission, shelters serving 500+ cities and towns, who are saving 90% to 100% of all animals. These No Kill shelters have put into place a series of eleven lifesaving programs and services, i.e the “No Kill Equation”, which has dramatically increased the Save Rate in their communities.
* there is a model of sheltering that is working across the country to save all healthy and treatable pets. But we must have elected leaders who will hire leadership for BARC, who will rigorously implement this model of sheltering.
JOIN THE REVOLUTION!
Demand leadership at BARC who will implement all of Nathan Winograd's recommendations so thousands of lives will be saved at BARC.
Click here to tell your mayor and city council members that you expect better, and tell them that you VOTE.
Join us on: